Vote for Jessie Woolley-Wilson to Speak at SXSWedu 2014
We invite you to participate in voting to solidify Jessie’s spot as a speaker.
Topic: “Break Down These Walls!“
Changing expectations, fueled by technology, are eroding the bricks and mortar of our schools. Erosion is usually bad but in this case, it’s a catalyst for change. It has forced the re-evaluation of a broken structure – how 21st Century children learn. Today, more than half of all children under the age of eight consume digital media on mobile devices at home, many before saying their first word. Technology has become part of their DNA. These same devices, along with Intelligent Adaptive Learning tools, are now building the bridge to cross the chasm in education. The future classroom is poised to sit in the palm of students’ hands and be directed by the touch of a finger – anytime, anywhere. Self-driven and self-architected learning will happen at an even more personalized level than we know it today. School walls will fall and be rebuilt with a blend of real and virtual bricks to make way for a 24/7 ‘on-demand’ learning environment where high expectations lead to high performance.
Blending Technology and Classroom Learning
· As the learning environment expands beyond the walls of the classroom,
· How will the role of the teacher change?
· Does access to 24/7 “on-demand” mobile learning help close or further widen the achievement gap?
· How does “free-range” learning ensure that kids are meeting rigorous Common Core State Standards requirements?
· More information here
Watch Jessie’s interview with Bill Gates at SWSWedu 2013 here.
Latest posts by @DreamBox_Learn (see all)
- Celebrate Fibonacci Day! - November 23, 2016
- Celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month: Five Hispanic and Latino Mathematicians - October 12, 2016
- Classroom Resources to Celebrate Ada Lovelace Day! - October 10, 2016