Reminder: Common Core Webinar with Francis (Skip) Fennell Tomorrow
Don’t forget to attend tomorrow’s webinar on Meeting the Common Core Imperative with respected math leader Francis (Skip) Fennell, Ph.D., and math support teacher Kelly Krownapple. If you haven’t signed up already, you still have time – register here today!
Many educators, faced with the challenge of delivering effective math instruction that allows all students to excel, are now grappling with how the Common Core State Standards will help them achieve that goal. And they know they need to anticipate the hurdles—both instructional and technological—to successful adoption. What should schools and districts consider as they transition to the standards? How will the standards impact expectations for the math that is taught? How are students likely to benefit? And what’s the role of technology in affecting this change?
We’ll take on these challenges, with some very distinguished help, in our upcoming webinar:
Meet the Common Core Imperative:
Strategies and technologies to help all students excel in math
Date: Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Time: 2:00 p.m. EST / 11:00 a.m. PST
Respected math leader Francis (Skip) Fennell, Ph.D. and math support teacher Kelly Krownapple will share their insights into the Common Core opportunity and the potential hurdles for your school and district.
Join us on November 16th and you’ll learn:
- Why less is more when it comes to math instruction; why math instruction shouldn’t be “a mile wide and an inch deep”
- Instructional strategies that meet Common Core requirements, building understanding and fluency
- How adaptive technology can provide important representations for key Common Core math topics
- The importance of breaking down the barriers between assessment and instruction
- How to evaluate Common Core alignment claims
We hope you can join us! Register here today.
Latest posts by @DreamBox_Learn (see all)
- ESSA Unlocks Exciting New Opportunities for Creativity and Innovation - April 4, 2017
- The One Part of Your Grant Proposal You Really Need to Ace - March 30, 2017
- Six Strategies to Help ELLs Succeed in Math & 9 Free Math Activities for K–8 ELLs - February 7, 2017