New Math Activity Calendar: February is I Love Math Month
The shortest month of the year is here, but our February Math Activity Calendar has plenty of activities to keep your children busy. Celebrate the month with fun facts and activities during February’s I Love Math Month!
- On Groundhog Day, determine how many extra days of winter will there be if the groundhog sees his shadow, February 1st
- Count the number of valentines you receive on Valentine’s Day, February 14th
- Figure out how much your mouth is worth on National Tooth Fairy Day, February 28th
The shortest month of the year
February is the only month with fewer than 30 days. Every four years, February has 29 days for leap year. Fun activities for the classroom or home can include counting how many months and/or years until the next time February has 29 days. Years that are evenly divisible by 100 are not leap years; have your students calculate what year a leap year should occur, but does not, because it is divisible by 100.
Download our free February Math Activity Calendar today!
Latest posts by @DreamBox_Learn (see all)
- Where to Start When Evaluating Digital Curriculum - February 12, 2018
- 6 Tips for Introducing Kids to Laptops - October 26, 2017
- Investing Title I Funds in Evidence-based Interventions - October 19, 2017