DreamBox Webinar with Dr. Margaret Jorgensen on Formative Instruction
The need to learn from the practices of highly effective teachers to help more students excel is one of the great challenges elementary educators face. Research has shown the effectiveness of formative assessment and formative instructional practices – it’s through this research that providing differentiated instruction has become the expectation in classrooms.
- Webinar: “How Formative Instruction Can Accelerate Student Learning”
Date: Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Time: 2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
Duration: One hour
No one is more qualified to speak to this issue than Dr. Margaret Jorgensen, a leading authority on assessment for K-12 education. As Managing Director at Battelle for Kids, Dr. Jorgensen oversees communications and research on value-added and growth models for effective instructional practice. She is also on the Board of the Association of Test Publishers, has authored two books on innovative assessment, and has developed hundreds of criterion-referenced, standards-based tests for K-12.
In this webinar you will:
- Learn what research tells us about the practices of highly effective teachers
- Find out how highly effective teachers differentiate instruction
- Understand how interactive learning and embedded assessments provide real time formative information to help elementary teachers effectively accelerate student learning
We hope you can join us! Register today.
Latest posts by @DreamBox_Learn (see all)
- Where to Start When Evaluating Digital Curriculum - February 12, 2018
- 6 Tips for Introducing Kids to Laptops - October 26, 2017
- Investing Title I Funds in Evidence-based Interventions - October 19, 2017