Recently I heard this one on the radio:
What did the 0 say to the 8? (“Nice belt!”)
My giggling 6 year old traveling companion had to call his friend to tell him. So when we got home we went looking for more number jokes!
Teacher: How much is half of 8
Student: Up and down or across?
Teacher: What do you mean?
Student: Well, cutting it in half up and down makes a 3, but across the middle makes two zeros!
More Math Jokes for the Summer Months
Like everything else on the web, you can find hundreds of math jokes, but only a fraction are very funny. So as a public service for moms everywhere who are stuck in the car with kids, I’m repeating a few that we found here!
Why was the number 6 afraid of the number 7? (Because 7 ate 9)
Why was the snake so good at math? (He was an Adder!)
How do you make 7 even? (Take away the s!)
Why didn’t the quarter roll down the hill with the nickel? (Because it had more cents.)
What do you get when you divide a jack-o-lantern’s circumference by its diameter? (Pumpkin pi)
Need more? Here are a few of the sites where we found these:
- The math section of a school jokes site
- Jokes by kids – you can even vote on how funny these jokes are
- Jokes that quack kids up
- A few math jokes for older kids
Now it’s your turn. Share your number jokes with us!
Latest posts by @DreamBox_Learn (see all)
- 3 Ways to Support Teachers Year-Round - May 11, 2017
- Fast Insights for Education Leaders Short on Time - May 4, 2017
- How Are Teachers Using Digital Content to Differentiate Instruction? - April 25, 2017