Game On: Fall Math Challenge Is Here!
Fall is here and that means it’s time for the 2016 Fall DreamBox Learning Math Challenge! Teachers and students in classrooms across the United States and Canada are hyped for a friendly competition to complete the most DreamBox lessons between October 24th and November 11th, and win rewards including t-shirts, cool swag, and more! And students are not the only ones who can earn rewards—two teachers from classrooms winning the Grand Prizes will receive a scholarship to the 2017 National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Conference (NCTM)—just for using DreamBox!
If you haven’t yet registered for the challenge, now’s the time to do it as registration closes October 28. The benefits of participating go beyond the cool prizes! Just ask Daniel Herrero’s kindergarten ELL class at Maclary Elementary School, who took home a prize in the 2016 Spring Challenge. Using DreamBox in English and Spanish, his class collectively completed 7,573 DreamBox lessons and exhibited a 95 percent growth in DreamBox for the 2015–2016 school year. Check out their story here.
What’s the best way to win?
Make sure your students complete as many lessons as they can in DreamBox. Regional and National Grand Prize winners will be announced in two categories: new DreamBoxers and returning DreamBoxers. Visit the official contest webpage and read the full contest terms and conditions.
Ideas for logging more DreamBox time.
- Print out calendars and give them to your students so they can track their usage. Be sure to have them set goals!
- Print out the parent letters from your Insight Dashboard and send them home so parents know how to help students log in at home.
- Have a brainstorm session with your students where they can share ideas on how they can get more DreamBox time. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Morning work time while waiting for students to arrive on campus
- While waiting for a sibling to finish soccer practice
- At the library
- During indoor recess on rainy days
- Trade 30 minutes of watching cartoons on the weekends for 30 minutes of DreamBox
Regardless of when, where, or how, it’s time to start the most exciting challenge of this semester. Good luck and have fun!
Latest posts by Kate Hodgins (see all)
- What’s New in DreamBox - March 20, 2017
- It’s Math Challenge time again! Join us for March MATHness! - March 10, 2017
- Game On: Fall Math Challenge Is Here! - October 25, 2016