April 26 - April 28
Join DreamBox Learning at the 2018 NCTM Conference for booth giveaways, demos, and more! Check out our show happenings below to see the various ways you can connect with us.
- Visit booth 272 to see what’s new and enter to win a Sonos speaker
- Follow us on Twitter during the show to enter our ChromeBook giveaway
- Catch one of our sessions (details below)
Hope to see you there!
Who’s Asking the Questions in Math Class? Strategies for Inspiring & Cultivating Students’ Curiosity
- Presented by: Dr. Tim Hudson
- Fri, 4/27: 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM
- Walter E. Washington Convention Center | Room: Salon G
Even though we want students to be curious about mathematics and how it applies in our world, most students and adults believe math class is a place where they’re given answers to questions they’ve never asked. Learn strategies for inspiring students to ask their own questions and techniques for assessing curiosity in math classes at any grade level.
Sticky Situations: Investigating and Understanding the Common Computation Situations Tables
- Presented by: Debbie Thompson (South Central Kansas Education Service Center), Lynette Sharlow (Wichita USD)
- Fri, 4/27: 3:15 PM – 4:30 PM 75 Minutes
- Walter E. Washington Convention Center | Room: Salon H
How can we assist students in cognitively engaging in solving word problems? This session explores the structure of the Common Computation Situations (tables 1 & 2 in CCSSM) by interacting with various tools in processing the 24 situation subtypes. Participants will leave with ideas to help students truly understand the structure of math situations.