- Read the grant carefully and be sure to follow the instructions exactly.
- Keep your goals realistic but maintain high expectations.
- Highlight the innovative ideas of your proposal.
- Include a reasonable and detailed budget.
- Cite research that provides evidence of program effectiveness.
- Write clearly and simply.
- Proofread to ensure your grant application is free of spelling and grammar errors.
Download a PDF of our grant writing checklist.
For more help as you begin to write your grant proposals, check out more grant writing tips.