DreamBox Learning’s online educational games make learning math fun and effective
DreamBox Learning Math is an online program with educational games that are individualized for your student, adapting the curriculum just for them. It’s a fun, effective math learning environment. Unlike other math games that often sacrifice learning for entertainment, DreamBox delivers a rich, tailored learning experience.
A deep math learning curriculum
- With over 1000 lessons, our curriculum develops computational fluency, conceptual understanding, and problem-solving ability.
- The curriculum is built around the Common Core State Standards. (Read more about our educational curriculum.)
Adapts to each child
- Unlike other learning products, DreamBox Learning’s adaptive learning looks beyond right or wrong answers, assessing a student’s strategy. Simply getting the answer right isn’t enough. How quickly did a student answer? Did he need extra hints? Did she improve? Based on this data, our GuideRight™ technology adapts the lesson, difficulty, the number and type of hints given, pacing, sequence, and much more.
- Placement lessons throughout the adventures assess students’ knowledge, so they can skip what they know and focus on what they’re ready to learn.
- DreamBox Learning provides millions of different paths through our curriculum.
- Primary students personalize their experience by choosing a game character and a theme to turn their lessons into fun adventures.
- Older students enjoy a highly motivating learning environment they can make their own.
- Like a good teacher DreamBox encourages progress, with rewards for both effort and academic achievement.
Get real-time progress reports on the Parent Dashboard
Because family involvement is so important to a child’s success in school, the DreamBox Parent Dashboard provides a detailed real-time view of your child’s academic and story progress. We also email parents about significant academic milestones their children achieve in the lesson games. Some emails include a Certificate of Achievement for your child, and we include parent tips for family activities to reinforce the lessons learned.
With the Progress Snapshot, you’ll get a quick look at what your child is learning. If you have more than one child in DreamBox, you can see them all at a glance!
- Overall progress: how much of the math curriculum your child is currently working in, how much she’s completed and skipped, and how much she has yet to learn.
- Academics: what math concepts your child is currently learning.
- The amount of time your child has played.
For parents who want more detail, you also get a page dedicated to each child with a more detailed academic progress report and view of the curriculum.
- A graph showing progress in each major curriculum category. These categories are based on the key learning goals for each grade determined by the Common Core State Standards. (Read more about our educational curriculum.)
- Expandable views of all lesson groups within these curriculum categories, with a description of the specific math concept your child is learning.
The Parent Dashboard also gives you access to all of your account settings. And as part of our commitment to support parents who want to be involved in their children’s education, we offer parent tips and resources.