Finding What Works in Learning: Simple Ways to Analyze Education Research Studies
Webinar Date: September 14, 2016
If you’ve ever looked for print or digital learning resources that have supporting research to show they improve student achievement, you’ve seen more than a few research reports, case studies, marketing emails, and press releases with captivating headlines about results and impact. Have you ever taken time to read a complete study? Was it a quality study? How would you know?
In this recorded webinar, Dr. Tim Hudson, VP of Learning at DreamBox Learning, and Dr. Gina Burkhardt, former EVP at the American Institutes for Research (AIR), will help you more easily analyze research, ask probing questions, and access the fine print of a research study. They’ll equip you to meaningfully and successfully review educational research about curricular programs right away.
- Eight key questions to guide analysis of the “fine print” of a research study
- Using a simple rubric to quickly analyze the quality of any research study
- Ideas for conducting research in your own classroom, school, or district
- Dr. Gina Burkhardt - Education & Organizational Consultant, Former EVP at American Institutes for Research (AIR)
- Dr. Tim Hudson - VP of Learning at DreamBox Learning, Washington