Supporting the Transition to and Implementation of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) in Mathematics
As an elementary school principal you shape your school’s culture and have both the challenge and opportunity to guide your school’s development and emergence as a learning community.
Mathematics is important. The instructional seeds planted and nurtured at the elementary school level become the mathematical foundation of the college and career readiness intent of the Common Core State Standards. As your school or school district moves toward full implementation of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), it is important to determine what is important to you, and how you can best support your teachers and students.
In this white paper, you will read about:
- Your Leadership and Implementation of the CCSS
- Step One: Leadership Priorities
- Step Two: Knowing And Understanding The Standards
- Standards for mathematical practice
- Standards for mathematical content
- Focus, coherence, and rigor
- Step Three: Your Action Items
- Planning for assessment.
- Find the time
- Summing up