August Math Activities Calendar: National Back-to-School Month
Ready. Set. Go back to school! It’s time to get the little ones ready for the classroom and DreamBox Learning is here to help. Our August Math Activity Calendar is all about going back to school, and we’re celebrating with a number of activities to prepare your child for their first days of school!
Math Activity Calendar Highlights:
- National Watermelon Day on August 3rd: Be sure to count all the seeds!
- National Tell A Joke Day on August 16th: If there are ten cats in a boat, and one jumps out, how many are left?
- Dream Day on August 28th: Martin Luther King Jr. gave his famous “I have a Dream” speech this day in 1963. What’s your big dream?
Tell DreamBox How You Prep Your Kids for Back-to-School
How did you prepare for the first day of school: flashcards? Sesame Street? Online math games? DreamBox Learning wants to know. Just leave us a comment below or send us a message on the DreamBox Learning page on Facebook to continue the kindergarten readiness conversation. If you’re a teacher, we want to hear from you too – let us know if you have any wonderful math games and activities for your incoming students. We hope you enjoy your August Math Activity Calendar and have a fantastic school year!
Latest posts by @DreamBox_Learn (see all)
- DreamBox Learning® Now Connects to Quantile Framework® for Mathematics to Support Differentiation and Improve Student Learning - November 1, 2019
- DreamBox Learning Expands Reach in Schools and Districts Across the U.S. - October 25, 2019
- Where to Start When Evaluating Digital Curriculum - February 12, 2018