Free Common Core State Standards Math Resources for Teachers!
If you’re looking for resources to help teach math to the new standards, you’ve found them! The Common Core State Standards for Mathematics (CCSSM) call for student understanding on a conceptual level, the ability to grasp foundational concepts behind math procedures, and to continually engage in critical mathematical practices. Transitioning to teaching this mathematical way of thinking requires new tools and methods. That’s why DreamBox Learning Math provides engaging virtual manipulatives to help deepen conceptual understanding and bring math to life for your students: CCSSM Math Teacher Tools, and CCSSM Lessons by Grade and Lesson Plans.
Common Core State Standards for Math: Teacher Tools
Ready to use in small or large group instruction settings with any type of interactive whiteboard, DreamBox Learning Math Teacher Tools are virtual manipulatives designed to help teach the concepts students need to learn—and reinforce the CCSSM. Based on cognitive research, DreamBox’s high-quality virtual manipulatives help motivate and guide learners at every level to persist, progress, and achieve math proficiency.
When teachers access DreamBox Teacher Tools, they’ll find tutorials about using the manipulatives, and ideas for incorporating the tools into classroom lessons. We provide these resources to support the professional development of teachers as they learn to incorporate virtual manipulatives into their lesson plans.
Common Core State Standards for Math: Lessons
The DreamBox Learning Math curriculum and instructional designers are National Board Certified teachers who work with our technologists to design easy-to-implement lessons and virtual manipulatives to support and develop:
- Counting and cardinality
- Comparing, operations, and algebraic thinking
- Number and operations in base ten
- Number and operations in fractions
Common Core State Standards for Math: Lesson Plans by Grade
DreamBox Learning Math incorporates the Standards for Mathematical Practice, which describe expertise that math educators at all levels seek to develop in students. The end goal is to provide students with a level of math proficiency that leads to college and career readiness at an internationally competitive level.
DreamBox lesson plans are designed to help students:
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively
- Model with mathematics
- Use appropriate tools strategically
- Attend to precision
- Look for and make use of structure
Looking for more? DreamBox Learning, Inc. also offers web-based or onsite Professional Development and Training Services to help ensure success.
Latest posts by @DreamBox_Learn (see all)
- DreamBox Learning® Now Connects to Quantile Framework® for Mathematics to Support Differentiation and Improve Student Learning - November 1, 2019
- DreamBox Learning Expands Reach in Schools and Districts Across the U.S. - October 25, 2019
- DreamBox Learning® Wins Top Honor for “Best Math Learning Solution” by the 2019 EdTech Breakthrough Awards - June 14, 2019