Tuesday Teacher Tips: Funding Sources
Welcome to the Tuesday Teacher Tips series! Each week we’ll highlight teaching and learning resources, ideas to use in the classroom, as well as things to ponder as you go about your teaching day.
In the hectic months of May, did you get a chance to check out DreamBox Learning’s educator newsletter? Is your leadership team rich with goals and ideas to improve the school and raise student achievement, but short on funding? Check out DreamBox’s May newsletter to find sources of support at the federal level.
- The funds support extra instruction in reading and mathematics, as well as special preschool, after-school, and summer programs to extend and reinforce the regular school curriculum.
- Its primary goal is to improve student achievement through the use of technology in elementary and secondary schools.
- This program is designed to improve the education of limited English proficient (LEP) children and youths by helping them learn English and meet challenging state academic content and student academic achievement standards.
- This program supports the creation of community learning centers that provide academic enrichment to students during non-school hours.
- You know that the threshold for identifying a child’s need for special education can be blurry. To help prevent kids from falling between the cracks, this funding source sets aside money for those kids who just need a little extra help.
- These grants are used to improve student achievement in Title I schools identified for improvement, corrective action, or restructuring to enable those schools to make adequate yearly progress (AYP) and exit improvement status.
What are some funding sources that you have found to implement new programs in your school? Email and let us know. We’d love to hear about it!
Latest posts by @DreamBox_Learn (see all)
- DreamBox Learning® Now Connects to Quantile Framework® for Mathematics to Support Differentiation and Improve Student Learning - November 1, 2019
- DreamBox Learning Expands Reach in Schools and Districts Across the U.S. - October 25, 2019
- DreamBox Learning® Wins Top Honor for “Best Math Learning Solution” by the 2019 EdTech Breakthrough Awards - June 14, 2019