Get a Sneak Peek: DreamBox Learning K-2 Math Will Soon Be K-3 Math!
As we’ve been hinting at recently, DreamBox will soon be adding third grade math lessons to our curriculum! So students will get more than 500 math games and lessons. That means even more students can have fun while they learn a robust math curriculum.
What’s coming in K-3 Math?
- There are more than 100 new lessons being added to the curriculum, covering the Number and Operations and Algebra Focal Points set by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- The expanded curriculum includes lessons on place value up to 10,000 and explores multiplication using a broad range of different strategies.
- We’ve added 10 new virtual manipulatives that teach multiplication concepts and place value.
Want a sneak preview?
- If you’re a parent, you can get a sneak peek at a couple of the new lessons here. And you can view the parent video overview on this page too.
- And teachers can try a couple of the new lessons here. Or, click on the video image on this page to see a brief overview showing DreamBox in the classroom.
Whether you’re a parent or a teacher, here are the lessons you can try:
- Multiplication Array Pictures. We teach multiplication in a number of ways, such as jumps on a number line, picture arrays, and area models. In this lesson, array pictures encourage skip-counting and repeated addition instead of counting by ones.
- Find the Factors. IN this lesson, students use Snap Blocks™ to find factor pairs for products up to 100, building understanding of multiplication, and laying a foundation for later concepts such as equivalent fractions.
Stay tuned — we’ll announce it here when 3rd grade is launched and available! And kids that are already playing DreamBox Learning K-2 Math will be able to keep playing and learning right up through 3rd grade.
Latest posts by @DreamBox_Learn (see all)
- DreamBox Learning Now Aligns to All State Standards - January 7, 2020
- DreamBox Learning® Now Connects to Quantile Framework® for Mathematics to Support Differentiation and Improve Student Learning - November 1, 2019
- DreamBox Learning Expands Reach in Schools and Districts Across the U.S. - October 25, 2019