Get Ready for 5 Days of Technology-Charged Learning in San Antonio
Be sure to connect with DreamBox at ISTE 2017, June 24–28
Next week, more than 15,000 educators will converge in San Antonio for the ISTE 2017 Conference & Expo. The event boasts more than 1,000 opportunities to personalize your learning and create a professional development path expressly tailored to your own unique needs. If you’re planning to attend, you’ll have plenty of chances to connect with DreamBox, and we hope you’ll take advantage of them all.
First, we’re particularly excited to show off our revolutionary MyFlexPD™ offering—a new just-in-time professional development solution that’s driven by student data. Be among the first to demo MyFlexPD! Visit Booth #520 in the expo hall to demo the latest from DreamBox—and enter to win an iPad mini while you’re there! We’ll be raffling off one mini a day, so make sure you stop by, say hello, and enter to win. Register now online and we’ll even buy you a cup of coffee, too.
On Wednesday, DreamBox curriculum manager David Woods will be moderating a Listen and Learn Panel alongside Rafranz Davis, executive director of professional and digital learning for the Lufkin Independent School District in Texas. This is a great session for administrators and teachers who are looking to create a culture focused on student-driven learning and teacher empowerment through powerful and ongoing professional development. Here are all the details so you can add it to your calendar:
- Title: Rethinking Math Culture: Developing A School-Wide Math Mindset
- When: Wednesday, June 28, 1:00-2:00 pm
- Location: HBGCC 214C
- Description: To prepare students for an ever-changing future, we must focus on developing skills that encourage persistence for students to pursue their passions. This panel highlights how leaders can support a vision of transformation extending beyond the classroom to develop a growth mindset, deep connection to and love for mathematics.
Get your tech on before you go!
The official ISTE 2017 mobile app is now available. You can use it to schedule favorite sessions, navigate the expo hall, stay in the loop, and much, much more. Download the ISTE 2017 mobile app here. Also, follow #itse17 on Twitter for all the latest!
San Antonio River Walk
Finally, if you need a break from all the learning—and prefer to get your 10,000 Fitbit steps in outdoors—you’ve come to the right place. For those of you new to San Antonio, the 13-mile River Walk (pictured above) is just outside the convention center, and is lined with restaurants and attractions you won’t want to miss. Just don’t forget your sunscreen!
See you in San Antonio!
Latest posts by Jennifer Lee (see all)
- Making Professional Development Personalized—and Meaningful - June 22, 2017
- Evaluating Edtech for Efficacy, Standards-Alignment, and Student Growth - June 20, 2017
- Get Ready for 5 Days of Technology-Charged Learning in San Antonio - June 15, 2017