School Plus Home: Successfully Logging In
Every week, I like to address a common question that you, our valued DreamBox customers, have been asking. Sometimes, it’s hard to pick a “most common” issue – but not this week! From one of our parents:
My girls just started using DreamBox at their school. Their teacher sent them home with a letter that has a login and a password on it, but I can’t seem to get it to work. How can I log in?
If your child brings home this letter, then good news: their school has subscribed to DreamBox Learning’s School Plus Home program! This version of DreamBox gives your student round-the-clock access to all the serious fun & learning, at no cost to you, and sends all progress reports directly to their teacher. And setting it up is just as simple as logging in for the first time. However, there are a couple of things about logging in, that can be a little confusing.
Accessing the log in screen
One of the common problems, is accessing the log-in screen itself. The letter provided by the school should contain a website URL, as well as a user name and password. Make sure you are typing the URL exactly as it appears in the letter – do not add “www” or “http” to the URL. Also, make sure you are typing the URL directly into your browser’s Address Bar, and not into a search bar or search engine.
The correct page, when loaded, should ask for a “Login” and a “Password”. Enter the log in information provided on the Parent Invite sheet from the teacher. If you are logged in successfully, you will be asked for your e-mail address, and given the opportunity to change your password.
Invalid email notification
This leads me to the second common problem. After entering your e-mail address, you receive an error message saying that the email is invalid, or is already in use. This is usually because, at some point in the past, your email address was used to start a free trial. Additionally, your email may show as invalid if you’re already a DreamBox Learning subscriber, or requested information about DreamBox in the past.
If you’d prefer not to use a different e-mail address, then you will definitely need to get a hold of the Customer Support department here at DreamBox. There are three basic ways we can address this issue:
- We can remove the account currently using your e-mail address, thus allowing you to give your email address to the new account. This is a quick solution for when you only want to use your child’s School Plus Home access, as it does limit your own access.
- We can transfer your child’s school progress to your existing account. This gives you full access to your Parent Dashboard, and preserves the work they’ve already done at school. This is the best option for parents who signed up for a free trial, but never fully subscribed.
- We can replace the child’s school progress with the progress they’ve made at home. This also gives you full access to your Parent Dashboard, and allows your child to take advantage of their previous progress in school. This is definitely the best option of you’re already a subscriber.
All you need to do to make this happen is send an e-mail to Customer Support. Be sure to include the name of the child attempting to access DreamBox at home, the school that they attend, the name of their teacher, and which of the above three options you’d prefer as a solution. Our expert team of Customer Support specialists will get your child playing at home right away!
Do you have a question about DreamBox? Well, what are you waiting for? Use the “Send Feedback” button in the lower right hand corner of the DreamBox Learning game window, and let us know what’s going on. We can also be contacted about this, or about any other DreamBox questions you may have, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re always more than happy to help you!
Latest posts by @DreamBox_Learn (see all)
- DreamBox Learning® Now Connects to Quantile Framework® for Mathematics to Support Differentiation and Improve Student Learning - November 1, 2019
- DreamBox Learning Expands Reach in Schools and Districts Across the U.S. - October 25, 2019
- DreamBox Learning® Wins Top Honor for “Best Math Learning Solution” by the 2019 EdTech Breakthrough Awards - June 14, 2019