Jessie Woolley-Wilson to Speak at SXSWedu 2015 in Featured Session
It’s official! It’s just been announced that our CEO, Jessie Woolley-Wilson, will be speaking at the upcoming SXSWedu 2015 conference, March 9–12, in a just announced Featured Session titled, “EdTech for Educational Inclusion.” The panel will address important topics including inequalities in the education system and the use of technology by educators to support and empower students from diverse backgrounds.
Jessie will be joined by an all-star panel to discuss how to cultivate confidence in students who could be left behind, and how to prepare to meet the challenges of globalization. Guests include:
- LeVar Burton—actor, Reading Rainbow host and producer, and recent author of the children’s book, The Rhino Who Swallowed a Storm
- Christine Johns—superintendent of Utica Community Schools
- Sehreen NoorAli—Director of Business Development at Noodle Education, and Founder of EdTechWomen
Being chosen to participate in a featured session is an exciting follow-up to Jessie’s participation in another session at this year’s conference, “Women: Disruptors of Education,” as well as her one-to-one discussion with Bill Gates at the 2013 conference. Of the dozens of workshops available and more than 1,000 panel submissions proposed, it’s an honor to be part of the select group of featured sessions chosen for the speakers’ unique insights and perspectives on key topics that are impacting education.
Along with Burton, Johns, and NoorAli, Jessie will share how learning tools and strategies rooted in technology can disrupt the patterns of educational disparity to ensure that students of all backgrounds have the opportunity to excel in their educational journey and beyond. Burton has had great impact due to his recent literacy campaign by providing Reading Rainbow materials to students and teachers across the nation, with a particular focus on disadvantaged classrooms.
As part of today’s kick-off programming announcement, Charles Best, founder of DonorsChoose.org, was named opening conference keynote speaker. Other notable education leaders joining Jessie on the official program include Shiza Shahid of the Malala Fund, and Linda Darling-Hammond of the Stanford Center for Opportunity Policy in Education.
In what has quickly become the must-attend conference of the year, SXSWedu brings together more than 6,500 people who are passionate and dedicated to transforming education. Stay tuned for scheduling details on Jessie’s panel, along with further updates to the great lineup of speakers. We can’t wait to see you there!
Latest posts by @DreamBox_Learn (see all)
- DreamBox Learning® Now Connects to Quantile Framework® for Mathematics to Support Differentiation and Improve Student Learning - November 1, 2019
- DreamBox Learning Expands Reach in Schools and Districts Across the U.S. - October 25, 2019
- Where to Start When Evaluating Digital Curriculum - February 12, 2018