DreamBox Learning Customer Spotlights
Using DreamBox Purposely to Maximize Student Support
San Jose CaliforniaRead the perspectives of three educators to see how SJUSD is creatively leveraging DreamBox to complement their core classroom math instruction. Learn their tips and best practices for implementing DreamBox across their diverse student population.
How West Fargo differentiates math instruction for a diverse and rapidly expanding student population
West Fargo, NDIn 2016, West Fargo Public Schools began using DreamBox in their Welcome Center, a special K–5 learning environment expressly designed to help students new to the country with little or no English language skills. DreamBox proved so effective, the WFPS has since rolled the program out districtwide to all 13 elementary schools.
Pasadena ISD – Pasadena, TX
Pasadena, TXOver the last two decades, Pasadena ISD has invested heavily in new facilities and renovations designed to promote smaller learning communities and flexible teaching environments. Three years ago, they began rolling out DreamBox Learning® Math to their 36 elementary schools.
DreamBox Alignment with Performance-Based Learning Model Yields Learning Gains
ColoradoThree years ago, educators in Mesa County Valley School District 51 (D51) in Grand Junction, Colorado began implementing a performance-based learning (PBL) model district-wide. Rather than ask students to learn at a uniform pace, the D51 model allows individual students to progress from one curriculum concept to the next as soon as they demonstrate proficiency. Because DreamBox Learning® Math aligned so closely to D51’s new instructional model and standards, math content facilitator Megan Bennet recommended piloting the program on a limited basis in Mesa County Valley elementary schools.
Engaging students to drive success and reach their potential
San Antonio, TexasWith the strain of deployment, frequent moves, and (in some cases) a parent wounded in action, FSHISD educators know their students come to class with more on their plates than most civilian kids. DreamBox is helping teachers to address these challenges by fully engaging their learners, and helping them to fill gaps, stay focused, and achieve their full potential.
Maury County Public Schools, TN
TennesseeIn 2016, Maury County implemented a community-created, district-wide improvement plan entitled, “7 Keys to College and Career Readiness.” This initiative identifies seven educational goals each student must reach in order to achieve his or her full potential.
Springfield Public Schools, Missouri
Springfield, MOSpringfield Public Schools is in the midst of implementing a three-year, districtwide, IGNITE initiative. The goal of IGNITE (which stands for Inspire, Grow, Network, Integrate, Transform, and Engage) is to provide the resources and support necessary for all teachers and students to access and experience an engaging, relevant, and personalized learning environment.
Abner Creek Academy, Duncan, SC
Duncan, SCIn March 2016, Abner Creek Academy third grade teacher Ann Salway’s students completed about 9,000 lessons during the weeks leading up to MAP assessment. Completing that many lessons before state and district testing had a huge impact on their performance, allowing them to excel on the MAP test as well as the Carolina State Assessment, the SC Ready state test: 90 percent scored in the highest band; the other 10 percent scored met.
DreamBox Supports ELL Students with an Interactive Approach to Learning
Newark, DelawareStudents in Herrero’s ELL class love using DreamBox so much that they choose to go on it when they finish their work and tasks early, or during indoor recess. His class has collectively completed 7,573 DreamBox lessons to date, and exhibited an 95 percent growth in DreamBox for the 2015-2016 school year.
DreamBox Motivates First Graders to Discover Pride in Math Growth and Comprehension
White Marsh, MarylandVincent Farm Elementary School first grade teacher Rachel White is particularly passionate about bringing technology into her White Marsh, Maryland classroom. White, who is currently completing an Advanced Professional Development