Last Update August 29, 2018
Fee Based Services and Software
Some Services and Software may be offered to you on a fee basis. All fees are quoted and must be paid in U.S Dollars. If you elect to purchase fee-based Services or Software and transmit to DreamBox Learning a purchase request, you warrant that your use of the particular credit card or other DreamBox Learning accepted payment method is authorized and that all information that you submit to DreamBox Learning, or any third party designated by DreamBox Learning, is true and accurate (including, without limitation, your credit card number and expiration date), and you agree to pay all fees, including any applicable sales taxes, you incur. Any account name, password, or user ID supplied to you in connection with any fee-based Services or Software you purchase is personal to you and the members of your household, and you may not transfer or make available your account name, password, or user ID to others. Any distribution by you of such account name, password, and/or user ID may result in cancellation of the fee-based Services and Software without refund and the imposition of additional charges based on your unauthorized use.
DO NOT SUBMIT OR DISTRIBUTE ANY UNSOLICITED SUBMISSIONS; NO IMPLIED CONTRACT.
DreamBox Learning likes to hear from you. However, please keep in mind that DreamBox Learning does not accept or consider any creative ideas or suggestions relating to products or marketing plans unless it has specifically requested them. Therefore, please do not send to DreamBox Learning any creative or original materials such as ideas for software products, games, or other products, or any other creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts or other information. DreamBox Learning shall be free to use any such ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information and shall not be liable to you or to any person claiming through you for any exploitation or disclosure of any submission.
The DreamBox Learning Blog
All posts by the authors, guest authors, and visitors reflect personal thoughts and opinions which are not necessarily those of the company.
When you post Content, you hereby grant (or warrant that the owner of the Content grants) us and each user of the Site, Software or the Services a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sublicensable, worldwide, non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, modify, translate, adapt, publish, create derivative works of, transmit, distribute, perform, display, delete (in whole or in part), and incorporate the Content for any purpose and without acknowledgement to you. By posting or providing Content, you represent and warrant that public posting and use of your Content by us and any of our users will not infringe on or violate the rights of any third party.
In addition subject to the terms of this Agreement, we grant to you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Software solely to use the Service to the extent you have the right to access the Service. Your right to access the Service will be limited by the terms of this Agreement. Except for this license granted to you, we retain all right, title, and interest in and to the Software, including all related intellectual property rights. The Software and Services are protected by applicable intellectual property laws, including United States copyright law and international treaties. Except as otherwise explicitly provided in this Agreement or as may be expressly permitted by applicable law, you will not, and will not permit or authorize third parties to: (a) reproduce, modify, translate, enhance, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or create derivative works of the Software and/or Services; (b) rent, lease, or sublicense the Software and/or Services; nor (c) circumvent or disable any security or technological features or measures in the Software and/or Services. You may not export or re-export the Software and/or Services without (a) the prior written consent of DreamBox Learning; and (b) complying with applicable export control laws and obtaining any necessary permits and licenses.
Usage Guidelines and Restrictions
You agree not to use the Site, Software or the Services to:
- upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any Content that contains personally identifying information (such as actual names, phone numbers, mailing addresses, e-mail addresses and URL), unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way or write comments that in any way refer to person(s) under 18 years of age;
- impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships, or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other forms of solicitation;
- upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the Services, Software, the Site, or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law, “stalk” or otherwise harass another, or collect or store personal data about other users;
- use any automated means to access the Site, Software or the Services or collect any information from the Site, Software or the Services (including, without limitation, robots, spiders, or scripts); or
- frame the Site, Software or the Services, utilize framing techniques to enclose any service mark, logo, or other proprietary information, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages. This means, among other activities, that you must not engage in the practices of “screen scraping,” “database scraping,” or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining lists of users or other information.
Data and Privacy
DreamBox Learning complies with and enforces U.S. data protection laws across all aspects of our system. If you use or access the DreamBox system, please note:
- Your data will be stored in the United States.
- Your data will be handled in accordance with U.S. privacy law. You waive any right or expectation enumerated under the data protection laws of other jurisdictions, and consent to the application of U.S. data protection law.
- Certain jurisdictions, such as the EU, do not permit you (the Customer) to grant this kind of consent. DreamBox Learning is not currently available to customers in those jurisdictions.
Disclaimers of Warranties; Limitations on Liability
Links and Advertising
We do not provide links to other Web sites or resources to our School Customers. However, for our customers that are individuals, we may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other Web sites or resources that are beyond our control. We make no representations as to the quality, suitability, functionality, or legality of any sites to which links may be provided, and you hereby waive any claim you might have against us, with respect to such sites. DREAMBOX LEARNING IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT ON THE INTERNET OR WEB PAGES THAT ARE CONTAINED OUTSIDE THE SITE.
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, other users, advertisers, or partners found on or through the Site, Software or the Services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such user, advertiser, or partner. You agree that we are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers or partners on the Site, Software or the Services.
Governing Law and Arbitration
DreamBox Learning controls and operates this Site from its offices in Bellevue, Washington, United States of America and makes no representation that these materials are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use this Site, Software and Services from other locations you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. If any portion of these terms is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable portion shall be construed in accordance with applicable law to the greatest extent possible and the remainder of the provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
In the event that you have a dispute with one or more users of the Site, Software or the Services, you release DreamBox Learning and its stockholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, partners, and affiliates from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code — 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
Claims of Copyright Infringement
DreamBox Learning respects the intellectual property rights of others, and requires that the people who use the Site, Software and the Services do the same. It is our policy to respond promptly to claims of intellectual property misuse.
If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Site, Software or the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing our copyright agent with the following information in writing:
- the electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;
- identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement made under penalty of perjury that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
600 108th Ave NE, Suite 805
Bellevue, WA 98004, U.S.A.
Attn: Copyright Infringement
After receiving a claim of infringement, we will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws. Upon receipt of notices complying or substantially complying with the DMCA, we will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity, and will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is claimed to be infringing. We will take reasonable steps promptly to notify the user that we have removed or disabled access to such material.
Upon receipt of a proper counter notification under the DMCA, we will promptly provide the person who provided the initial notification of claimed infringement with a copy of the counter notification and inform that person that we will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it in 10 business days.
Unless our designated agent first receives notice from the person who submitted the initial notification that such person has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the user from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Site, Software or the Services, we will replace the removed material and cease disabling access to it.
You may provide us with a counter notification by providing our copyright agent the following information in writing:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which we may be found and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the initial notification of infringement.